Day 132 - Mornington Peninsula

Out for the early at Gunnamatta again but not nearly as good as yesterday. The swell had dropped off although the banks were quite good. A few ok ones though. I only stayed out for a couple of hours and came in to eat some food and call my insurance company. I'd called them yesterday t find out what my excess would be, etc but then had a voicemail last night saying to urgently call them back!

I got onto the insurance company and was prompty told that my policy was cancelled due to having no fixed address for more than 3 months! Shit! They were actually really rude about it too and not being helpful at all (I had fully disclosed my travel plans when I first signed up for the policy). They would still cover me for the current damage but I had a week to find another insurance policy. Not too happy, I rang back an hour later and got someone slightly more helpful but not really. The best she could do was to transfer me to sales to open a new policy. Conclusion, don't use Budget Direct for your insurance! The policy may seem cheaper but it looks like you really so get what you pay for.

Went for another surf after lunch at Rye Beach but it was pretty crappy, bumpy and onshore. I wasn't in the mood after all the insurance issues and only stayed out for a bit but Jack happily grovelled for an hour.

Surf: Gunnamatta, Vic, 2 foot, 3.0hr; Rye Beach, Vic, 2 foot, 1.0hr (129.5 total)