Day 133 - Mornington Peninsula to Melbourne

Out at Gunnamatta again for the early and managed to get a few small but fun waves. Not quite as good as the first day here but pretty ok! Nice and clean and not too crowded either. We packed up camp and headed up to Melbourne for the weekend. Jack was going to visit a few mates in town and I was going to stay with Katrisse, one of my best friends in the world.

We dropped in a couple of wreckers on the way up through the south-eastern suburbs and managed to find the holy grail, a 1991 75-series Landcruiser front mudguard in the right colour with just a little bit of damage for $200!
I even got the guy down to $180 due to the small dent in the front (we weren't too worried about some wear and tear, we were more keen for it to look consistent with the rest of the car).

My day/week had definitely improved. So much for claiming it on insurance, I could just replace the panel and (hopefully) do a bit of remodelling with a big hammer to save myself a heap of cash. I dropped Jack off in the city and joined the Friday evening peak hour for the journey out to Trisse's place in the burbs. Normally I'd hate sitting in traffic but I had good music, a replacement mudguard in the back and I actually quite like the odd bit of traffic at the moment when I know I don't have to do it twice a day, five times a week!

Got out to Katrisse's place and had a great catch up with both her and Pete, her fiance. So good to see old friends, especially after being on the road for quite a while. Also good to be in a house tonight because the rain was hammering down!

Surf: Gunnamatta, Vic, 2-3 foot, 2.0hr (131.5 total)