Day 144 - Melbourne to Congo

Off to NSW! Normally it's quite a boring drive through Victoria to the border but I've only ever done it by myself. We got a bit of learn-to-speak-spanish lessons on the iPod for the drive up, need to start thinking about Latin America!

Stopped off at Holbrook to check out the submarine and have a pie. The pies really are better in South Australia I have to admit (and it's the only place that they inject the tomato sauce into the pie/pastie for you). Still, the pie was fine and the submarine was interesting enough, something I'd always wanted to stop and look at.

I was very excited to be so close to Sydney! We turned off at Yass and cut through the ACT to drive over the hills to Batemans Bay. I'd never done this drive before and it's great! Cool to pass through the ACT too, we've now managed too visit every state on territory on the mainland. Didn't get to visit any of thhe Canberra-region wineries though but not too worry. Got ourselves down the coast and out to Congo in the dark without hitting any roos despite some kamikaze attempts!