Day 105 - Perth to Yallingup

Bit of a sleep in today, 8am which is very late for me! Normally I'm semi-conscious by about 5:30am and up by about 6. Must have needed a bit of sleep. My foam mat is slowly dying so I can feel the ground when I'm in bed but I'm trying to ride it out for the last few weeks rather than buy another one.

Headed into town so I could go to the British Consulate to do some stuff for my UK working holiday visa. Before the appointment we hung out in Northbridge (where we stayed last week) having a coffee in the sun. Nice enough here but Perth really doesn't grab me. There are probably some more nice little cafes in Northbridge to discover but the city centre is nothing special in my opinion.

Got ourselves away down south, this time with Mary in the middle front seat chatting away. We made quite good time and got down about 5pm to clean, overhead surf. Got straight out there while Mary went for a walk and Jack had some of his best waves of the trip. I got a few good ones too including some nice rights which were working a bit better than in previous days. We're having a pretty good run of decent surf here, 7 of the last 8 days and not under 4 foot!

Matt and Sarah made it down in their hire car (staying in a cabin at the same caravan park) and we all went to the pub for dinner. Pretty fancy for a local pub (the only pub) but it's a pretty fancy area. All the houses here are minted and every second car is a Range Rover. Clearly lots of Perth money here. Can't blame them though, I know where I'd have my holiday house if I was rich and lived on the west side!

Surf: Yallingup, WA, 3-4 foot, 1.5hr (99.5 total)