Day 058 - Darwin









Worst sleep ever. The night was absolutely still, hot and humid. Both of us had woken up several times through the night absolutely dripping with sweat. Not sure about this outback camping thing. Apparently this is the build up to the wet season and it's noticably more humid than it was 4 weeks again when we left for Singapore.

Time to see some crocs. We heading to Crocodylus Park for a tour of the croc farm and a bit of croc feeding fun. These things are horrifying big and dangerous, and great fun to tease with a bit of chicken on the end of a stick. I soberly reflected on how long I'd spent on the bank at Towns River retrieving my yabbie pot, will definitely use a longer piece of rope next time.

In the evening we met up with Peta, a good friend of mine from home who's been living in Darwin the last couple of years. We had dinner at the sunset market at Mindil Beach, a well known institution. Great vibe and the best range of food I've ever seen at this sort of thing. Went for the Sri Lankan and had $9 worth of curry and veg piled high on my plate. The sunset was ok, I've seen better in my time, and the market wares weren't amazing but the whole experience was great. The best part is just hanging out having your picnic as the sun goes down (you can see Pete and I in the pic). Definitely worth doing. Even better when Jack had a brainwave and realised we had ice cold XXXX's in our 4wd fridge!