Day 018 - Noosa





Another sunny day in Queensland. Can't believe this is the middle of winter. Also can't believe that I suddenly have a cold and feel like my head is going to explode! So much for the theory that office work gives me more colds and flu although maybe camping when it's 7 degrees at night doesn't help?

Spent half the day on the Noosa river kayaking which was great. Haven't been in a kayak since I was in Canada and after a couple of minutes I was feeling pretty comfortable. Great way to get around Noosa and amazing how quickly a sea kayak can get along, would love to do a multi-day trip camping in one. Apparently you can do that in various places in WA so will have to check that out.

Would have enjoyed it even more if I didn't have a brutal headcold. I ended up sleeping half the afternoon away in my tent while Jack went for a pretty ordinary surf at Sunshine. We decided that if at least one member of the teams surfs then it counts towards our total.

Surf: Sunshine Beach, QLD, 1 foot, 0.5hr (21.5 total)